Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Spring and "Still Life"

I finished Louise Penny's "Still Life" on Monday. I could not put it down until I knew whodunit!
In order to not post any "spoilers" here, I'll post my comments about the plot in the 'comments' area of this post.

Signs of Spring are here: warm days, my early-blooming variety daffodils started blooming last weekend, trees starting to bud and my rose bushes are sprouting leaves, and male goldfinches are beginning to lose the olive-green color and turn yellow.

Marion in NZ - I cannot fathom the devastation in Christchurch and what life is like for the people there. I read other posts from citizens on other sewing boards, but what I read here at WWQP Chat Board is the most informative. The website equilter.com has a fund-raising effort, and if I wasn't afraid of committing copyright violation, I would copy and paste some of the NZ stories they have posted in their recent email.

We live 200 miles east of the New Madrid fault, and have earthquake insurance on our home only because it is brick. The coverage is "better than nothing" and we hope we never need it.
I don't think any place is safe from natural disasters; we've had our share of horrific tornadoes and flood. Our planet earth is an ever-changing planet, flexing its muscle from time to time, as does mother nature.

Sewing - I've been working on a shirt for myself, with collar and stand. I need to get it done before summer arrives, as it is long-sleeve. After three test garments, I finally have the pattern adjusted to fit me properly. I envy everyone who can go to the store and buy a shirt that fits nicely! Now that this pattern is sorted out, I have grand hopes it will become a TNT (Tried-N-True) from which I can make variations.

My new quilt project is on hold while working on this shirt. My THANGLES arrived, for the HST (half-square triangles) of which this quilt requires 288. You can count on me to butcher triangle points ---Ack--- so the Thangles will hopefully keep me on the straight and true ... and pointy.

1 Comments:

At March 2, 2011 at 8:51 AM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

This book drove me mad (in a good way) trying to figure out who was the killer! I never would have thought Ben Hadley was The One. Throughout the book, I suspected everyone else (except Jane's dog Lucy) so I surely was surprised.

I have "Fatal Grace" on the book table and as soon as I finish the book I started yesterday, I'll read FG. It should be just as good a read.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home