Sunday, February 27, 2011

helpless feelings

I've been away in Melbourne for 10 days visiting DS#3 and DDIL. Our laptop, which we bought in October, decided to have a hissy fit while we were there - looks as if the hard-drive needs replacing. It was bought to take on our trip to Europe and we leave in 2 1/2 weeks, so I'm hoping we can get it fixed in time. So much for keeping in touch - and I hadn't taken my address/phone book with me as a backup.
So I felt pretty helpless when we heard the news about Christchurch's earthquake and all the terrible destruction and heartache. I was glad to get home so I could read Marion's post and see also that Rosie had been in touch to find out how she and Russell were. It's such a beautiful city and it's sad to know that buildings are gone forever, but even sadder to know of the great loss of life and ongoing suffering of those who live there. My heartfelt thoughts are with our NZ cousins.

Rosie, we were looking through some old photos with Shannon and came across a beautiful one of your 3 dogs that he took when he visited you. I'd love to email you a copy......is your email addy still the same as it was in 2004?

Off to unpack. Hugs to all,
Fran

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home