Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sunday morning

Yes, Fran, our email is still the same as it was; connected to the B&B. You can find us on the internet. Electronics are great when they work; frustrating when you depend upon them to work and they don't.

I'm anxious to hear from Marion and a further report on how they are and the conditions in and around ChristChurch. I have not been listening to the news in the past few days but I'm told that the aftershocks continue, is that correct? I cannot imagine dealing with the devastation and the nerve-wracking feeling of sitting on top of what seems to be the earth's time-bomb. From the pictures Marion has posted and also sent along to me, my perception of New Zealand, where she lives, is that it is very beautiful, serene and yet dramatic in its landscape and very picturesque. No climate, no place in the world seems to have the ideal weather, landscape and so on, but I've thought New Zealand might. ( although Jean in Mill Bay reminds me once in awhile that Vancouver Island is close to ideal and many Canadians would agree since moving to Victoria when they retire seems to be what some folks here in Central Canada do).

As beautiful as it is where we live, bucolic, gently rolling hills and picturesque, we deal with very long winters although not as intense as the Maritimes in Eastern Canada. It's about this time of year that many of us feel the constraints of winter. Thank heavens for quilting, good books and the fact that I do like winter. It's just too long.

Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home