Wednesday, March 2, 2011

earthquake appeal

I always give to the Red Cross as the most needed is money, I don't suppose I can put it on here but if you go to TVNZ.co.nz you will get the site there. It is now 160 people dead with the total going to be about 240. One of the buildings was a hostel for backpackers which is why the talk is of 20 countries involved. The Cathedral is known to have about 20 people in it but so far too dangerous to go in. Today must have been absolutely awful down there as there were very high winds and you could see all the silt and dust blowing about which didn't help the possibility of more trouble with the wind. There are still more aftershocks , some quite strong , it just doesn't seem to end. There was also a quake in Wellington, no damage but still worrying for our capital city. My eyes won't keep open any more it is now 3.am. Hugs to all , Bee in NZ

1 Comments:

At March 2, 2011 at 5:16 PM , Blogger Mary in Oregon said...

Bee, thank you SO much for the update. NZ is always on my mind. What a horrible tragedy. The aftershocks would make me bonkers! I sure feel for everyone living through all of this.
Hugz to all,
Mary in Oregon

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home