Saturday, March 5, 2011

NZ GIVING

After working in many ways with the Salvation Army in my career I've decided you can't go wrong donating to them in a disaster. Even in Haiti they already had a presence there prior to the earthquake. That's where my money went. Last evening I got on line with SA US web site and found no way to contribute to the NZ disaster so went to their NZ site. They are very active in that country (I don't think there is anywhere in the world where they are not active) and they are going to send me an email today to explain how I can contribute. I will post that information as soon as I get it. Even with Katrina the Red Cross had to wait for the idiots in the state and city to permit them to enter and get to work. The SA was already there and had a specific page on their web site to contribute to that particular effort. The SA personnel are religiously motivated and devote their lives, like a monastic group, to their cause. However, they are absolutely dedicated to helping without any religious bias.

As a foot note let me add that I am not a Christian. However, the world is full of many who claim to be and who, in my estimation, don't come close. They should look at the SA for a standard.

I'm not putting down the Red Cross. They, too, are experienced and equiped to be a very real help in these situations.

Jane

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home