Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Phew...

Jane, just reading about your life made me feel exhausted but welcome back anyway, ignore Rosey's comments, she's really pleased to hear from you too ! I hope you enjoyed your afternoon of self indulgence , you certainly deserved it ! Some people have a measure of stamina which escapes me (!) I had a neighbour like that once, a busy farmers wife, mother of six children and always the first to offer help in the community or in a friends homes.. A good friend to have and a special lady.

I have just had a phone call from the Library to say that the book (Major Pettigrews last stand) is there, waiting for me to pick it up. I am impressed. When I asked for it on Monday (yesterday) they told me that it was at one of the other libraries .( There are three, covering a wide rural area. ) I didn't expect it to be here so soon. I will pick it up tomorrow. I'm a great fan of the library and borrow three books most weeks.(no wonder there's not a lot of quilting done around here..)

DH thinks we should upgrade my car...I hate change . If it was left to me, I would drive the one I've got until it would refuse to move. Fortunately, it's not up to me. He's very good at keeping my car road worthy and full of fuel. I'm one of the very few who has never had to fill her own car (Terter was another one...are you there Terter ? It would be nice to hear from you again) I'm not sure whether I should be flattered or insulted ! Does he think it's all beyond me I wonder...?

Google is still reading my mail. After my last post when "Christmas" got a mention, twice, up flashed an Ad about Christmas presents.... Wonder what this post will generate ?

Marion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home