Sunday, November 21, 2010

Monday morning.

Thanks for that recommendation Rosey. I'm off to Rangiora this morning to post my Christmas mail to the UK. and had planned a visit to the library . I won't "hold my breath" as it was only published this year but....you never know...! Seems early to be sending off the Christmas cards but with over two dozen to send it's worth my while to catch the cheaper rates. I enjoy this yearly contact with old friends but I do sometimes wonder at the sense of it all. It used to be that I would hope to see some of these folk on return trips to England, but I'm not too keen on those long flights any more and tend to only go for specific family reasons.. If I fail to send a card it will automatically be assumed that I have "popped my clogs" !!!

It would be so nice to hear from some of the former regulars. I always enjoyed Celia's quick wit , we felt as if we were part of her family at one stage and Jean's life was endlessly interesting , I miss their posts. I was wondering about others, (Seamstress Sally for one) I sometimes see their names on the quilt page. Maybe that's the trouble. Do we need two pages ?

No progress over at the mine. I can't imagine anything more distressing for family than this waiting. The volatile toxic gasses make it unsafe for rescuers evidently and there is a possibility of another explosion.

Marion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home