Sunday, November 21, 2010

Winter reading

I have an 'in' with 'Marion the Librarian'...actually her name is Arlene and the only 'in' is that we share a love of mystery writers and in particular, Louise Penny (author of the Armand Gamache books). So when she recommends a book to me, I listen. The latest one, which I'm just into now and know I'll enjoy is called: Major Pettigrew's Last Stand, a first novel by Helen Simonson published this year by Random House, ISBN978-1-4000-6893-7. The cover design by Caroline Cunningham is very clever. It takes place in England and Marion, you would enjoy the book, I think, having grown up there. And I love the simplicity and whimsy of your quilt which I hope people may appreciate for the work involved in the upcoming church auction. I can see your fine handstitching in the buttonhole stitch around the figures. It's really great to be able to put photos up on the site and while I've tried shaming CeliaP into posting, she's resisting my charms entirely; Jean in Mill Bay, we'd like to have an update on your rescue work...and others, please post. It's a livelier board for all that...not just us old regulars.

Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home