Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Spring has sprung !

We've had some real warmth here this week and I can almost hear the grass growing ! The garden is full of colour and the smells are wonderful.. I do love the change of seasons..

I even took the electric blanket off this morning ! That may be a bit premature as the nights are still cold, but it seemed the right thing to do at the time..... DH has taken the mower to be fixed. I swear it spends more time "getting fixed" than mowing lawns. Maybe the garage is just a good place for men to gather and gossip ?!

DD#1 is flying back to H.K. today. She has been in Scotland for most of the last three months. Her three eldest children returned to Boarding School last week. She has closed the house up and will return for half-term in the middle of October... Strange way to live but they seem to cope well. DH and I hope to join them all in HK for Christmas. We haven't seen those grandchildren for over two years. Too long... Next week we are off to Auckland to see DD#2 and family. I understand that we are to look after the DGSs while the parents take DGD to some cycle races somehwere... Looking forward to it.

Off for a hair cut now then later I'll be seeing some friends.

Enjoy the day.
Marion

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home