Friday, September 10, 2010

Juicer to be 'rehomed'

Fran, how disappointing that you might have been so close (Oakville is an hour s/w) and our wood pile is needing splitting again; we would have waited for your visit...lol...but just think, you'll soon be retired and collecting that nice pension teachers have these days. And I'm sure you've more than earned it. Teaching is not an easy profession but it's a dedicated one.

Doris, V-8 Juice...have you checked the salt content...but I smiled at your suggestion. The Champion Juicer was given to me by himself twenty years ago. My tummy obviously was much younger then; it could tolerate the condensed hit of veggies, fruits, etc. Lysteriosis three years ago seems to have permanently altered the flora and fauna in my gut. However, stepped on the scales this morning and after a summer of ravaging Good Karma VeryVeryVanilla Rice 'Icecream' (dairy-free) and 70% dark chocolate bars (handmade here on our main street in town...be still my heart!!) I do not weigh what I thought I might. I crept onto the scales with fear and trepidation and lo and behold...I can have another bowlful of my current passion. It is the small joys in life that matter most...lol. Actually, I think just having all my parts functioning as they should at my age is a major achievement.

So I'm off to deliver my juicer to my former massage therapist where it will be picked up by a friend who is taking my appt. this morning, and I, hers, this afternoon for cranial sacral (sp) therapy. So much for that. I'll clear my head at least.

Rosey

1 Comments:

At September 10, 2010 at 10:52 PM , Blogger Fran (Sth Aust) said...

Sorry ROSEY, after all this time I should have remembered...... Yes it is a shame we couldn't go. Would love to meet up with you sometime, especially if you're that close.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home