Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Joys of Juicing

Doris, I feel like Rip van Winkle coming out from under a rock when I go into the city these days. Reminds me of someone living in the Ozarks except now they probably even come to town.

New Zealand's quake toll tops $1.4 billion dollars. We can all read about it off the internet or in newspapers. It is reported to have struck 30 kilometres west of Christchurch. Is this in your direction, Marion, or the other way. Also says that the aftershocks are still being felt, as you've mentioned with yourself and with your friend in Christchurch .....7.1 magnitude earthquake. Life goes on, as you've pointed out with your tea for others but how traumatized people must be .

My one day resolution of juicing for lunch instead of eating a meal may end today. I've spent 3/4's of an hour wrestling with my old Champion juicer...the cadillac of it's time twenty years ago. I forgot to put two bowls in front of each other, one to catch the juice, one to catch the pulp. I now have carrot pulp buried in my nest of curls somewhere. So I thought I'd get smart and tied a plastic bag around the pulp outlet, turned the machine back on and it sucked all the air out of the plastic bag and it hung like a limp d***. So that wasn't a good idea. By the time I put 1/2 a beet through, an apple, four carrots and parsley which stuck to the sides of the tube going into the juicer, I no longer had an appetite. Maybe this is what juicing is all about. I have one large glass of tasty juice, pulp in my hair, the floor, which thanks to Hope has now been vacuumed up and I'm thinking that this cut back on my food intake may not take.

Rosey

1 Comments:

At September 8, 2010 at 4:16 PM , Blogger Marion in NZ. said...

I can just imagine the mess !
Yes, we are north and west of Christchurch. We are the other side of a major Sth Island river. Maybe that absorbed some of the shock waves ? Who knows... We are still being told to expect the "big one" (after shock) Evidently it is usual to get one just one degree lower than the first shock, during the following few weeks...
Marion.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home