Wednesday, September 8, 2010

the joys of travel

Rosey, I find similar challenges when I travel. For me, it is not so much the soap dispensers (although the quality of soap could be improved so that it does not strip the natural oils from my hands,,,, but I digress) as the frustration of the automated water faucets on the sinks. Sheer madness, if you ask me.

I have seen those parking lots where you pay with a credit card, DH uses one when we go to hockey games, but they are frustrating and don't always work properly.

Our lovely cool, dry weather has left. It was glorious while it lasted. Autumn will come, though, and we all enjoyed the brief preview, as it gave us much needed relief from the endless heat & humidity. We had a record 90+ days of high heat and humidity this summer. All the area golf courses that have bentgrass greens suffered damage. Some golf courses lost their greens and are closed for the year. The greens can survive some spells of high heat & humidity, but these went on for-ever and the damage is done and permanent.

I pulled out an old Baltimore Album block that I have not touched in maybe ten years, and finished it. I have several blocks, and really need to make this up into a nice wall quilt. It's funny how, with all my fancy computerized sewing machines and embroidery machines, that I have a need for hand work. Such is the irony of life, or perhaps my mind seeks balance from technology. Enough with philosophizing! I will not give up my microwave oven or my dishwasher. LOL

Have a great day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home