Friday, September 3, 2010

NZ EARTHQUAKE

I just turned on the radio so haven't heard anything since this morning. At that time they said that so far, at least, there was no tsunami warning. I don't understand why not considering the severity and proximity of the quake.

MARION is the one active poster whom I know is on the South Island. How about TENNEH? Since she mentions mountains so often I think she may be also. We have high hopes, good thoughts and prayers for you and your countrymen. My daughter, survivor of several so. CA quakes including Northridge, has told me that in addition to the major stress incurred in having your house jiggle and the pictures fall off your walls the aftershocks just serve to make that much worse and of longer duration. She said it's rough working with people all of whom are suffering from post traumatic stress. They tend to get edgy and crabby. Time and laughter are the cure.

Please, anyone on the South Island, let us know how you are.

Hugs heading to the southern hemisphere
Jane

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home