Friday, September 3, 2010

Life's Litte Annoyances

I'm sure that vacuum cleaners were designed by men to irritate women. That snakey thing called a hose gets caught around corners and under the corners of beds and even if I had central vac I'm sure I'd find something annoying about it. Meanwhile, I know I have it better than my forebears.

Seam rippers rolling off tables or husbands who leave messes around everywhere they've been, expecting the invisible maid-service to clean them up while he's sitting at the computer. It never bothers him when I ask him to lift his feet so that I can vacuum beneath them but then his mother had a maid and he had two brothers, no women in the house other than his mother. My son pitches in from changing diapers to vacuuming the house. Different generations.

Earl is scheduled to hit Nova Scotia this week-end I think.
I'm just catching bits and pieces of the news as I vacuum !#*@&!

Rosey

1 Comments:

At September 3, 2010 at 2:54 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

Rosey- I have an upright vac. and am amazed at how much dirt it has in it. Right now the "inards" are sitting in the garage drying out after I washed the filter and the plastic container that holds the dirt. Much better than those old bags that split, belts that fell off, etc.
My Mom's house has a central vac, but the 12 ft. of hose are a pain, and I don't know how well the suction is. Who knows when it has been last emptied/cleaned out. Probably years.
Sara in Fla.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home