Sunday, August 22, 2010

Life's little annoyances

I wonder, after 18 years of 'doing' bed & breakfast why I need some of the aggravations that go with it. This time, I caused it.

I'm cooking sausages for four guests this morning (7:30 a.m.) and which, in my final stages, I added water and put a lid on the pan which wasn't meant to go on the pan because the pan came without a lid but the lid from my big pot fits it and now, the lid is stuck, I cannot get it off. I am going on the theory that cold shrinks metal and running cold water on the pan and lid. I am having no luck budging the lid off the pan. I have a feeling that the garbage men are going to be inspecting what looks like a perfectly good frying pan going into the garbage and if they get the lid off, they'll find cooked sausages inside. Fortunately, I had some bacon which has now been partially thawed and is on cooking and I'm trying to regain my passive, pleasant demeanor which, given the himself has taken off early this morning to drive a car three hours to his daughter's place to leave it there for her to drive (she crashed her last one; crashed her bike, has a broken bone in her foot) and then will proceed to take a bus back to the city and bus north to the small town where he's left his car. My head is spinning; he's off like a rocket thoroughly enjoying his disorganization. So, back to my sausage pan. Any suggestions? I can't even wedge a knife or screwdriver into the lid. It's on as tight as a Scotsman's purse.

Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home