Monday, August 16, 2010

Monday.

I don't seem to be able to find the photos I took this morning...they are in the machine somewhere It was packing day for 'Operation cover-up' today. Lots of things to be packed. I think we ended up with 33 wool bales, all of which are already on their way to the shipping agent. Over 1500 large blankets, 350 small blankets, 1,200 jerseys, 400 baby jackets, 3,300 hats, 2,700 socks/slippers, 2,000 pairs of gloves 350 sets of matching hats and mittens. The numbers always amaze me.

Cold and dreary weather here this past week. Our usual winter is full of sunny, frosty days. This year, it has been wet and sunless.

eeeeeeer yes, Rosey, I did manage to hold my tongue when the DH was driving down closed roads etc....well, almost. He did get the odd icy comment from me ofcourse, just to let him know that I was taking note... !!

Time to get some dinner organised and put another log on the fire. A cozy evening around the fire with a good book is what's ahead of me tonight.

Have a good week.
Marion.

1 Comments:

At August 16, 2010 at 7:21 AM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

I'm amazed at the number of blankets, etc. that your group has put together. This should cover all of Europe! Did you say where they were going? If so I forgot.
Is a "jumper" the same as a "sweater" in the US?
Interesting to see you are putting a log on the fire, and we are having extreme heat warnings. High heat and humidity for the next week.
Sara in Fla.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home