Monday, August 9, 2010

Tuesday morning...

Too early for me to be doing this, obviously. I've been chatting away to you all for half an hour and then the whole thing disappeared....Clumsy fingers..

Thank you to Kathi for more interesting photos . Also thank you to Eric who makes this page available to us all. It brings a lot of people a lot of pleasure.

Doris, a 5am. start would be too much for me ! My concentration would evaporate by mid-morning. Well done you ! As for the tongue... keep practising. Staying with married offspring is always fun but sometimes challenging too !

Rosey, you must be such a good time manager. Thanks for taking the time to post, even when you have a house full of guests... I hope your w/end went well.

N.Z. is a Rugby crazy country. Everything comes to a standstill when there is a big game on. There was one such game on Saturday. Our boys against the Australians... ( they don't get bigger than this !!) Normally I wouldn't go near the city when such an event was on but we had been invited out to dinner with friends so that we could watch the game with them.. Unfortunately, they live on the other side of the city. The City Fathers., in their wisdom, had decided to close roads in the hope of making life easier for all... Everybody knew this, except, it turns out, my husband... What part of "Road ahead closed" and "Suggested diversion " did he not understand I wonder ?!? Did he not think it applied to him ? If not, why not ? The man is still a mystery to me after 48yrs of marriage.. It took us awhile to get to our destination... Fortunately, the crowds (and the police) were in good humour and we came to no harm. We also won the game so the night wasn't all bad ....

Glorious morning here this morning. Fresh snow on the mountains and a mild frost to clear the air. I'm off for a good long walk with a friend. Looking forward to it.
Have a good day.
Marion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home