Sunday, August 8, 2010

checking in . . .

"Grandparents graduate to older age and biting their tongue when staying with their adult kids, it seems."

So true, Rosey. I just returned from 4 days with DS & DDIL, who have a puppy, the natural precursor to children, they are practicing on 4-legged type child for now. Welp, they are not raising it the way I would. (roflol!) I had to bite my tongue many times. Yep, I'm in training for real grandkids.

It's been hot here, it hit 100°+F last week, we had a cool front here this weekend (highs in low 90s w/low humidity), and back up to 100 for the next few days. Needless to say, I did *not* sign up to play golf with the ladies league in the heat.

I just got back from the American Sewing Guild annual conference http://asg.org/ in Atlanta, GA, where I took some classes, enjoyed the vendor booths, and can't wait to start sewing this week. I stayed with DS/DDIL to save on the hotel bill, which was pricey. I had a 1-hr commute each way to the hotel, but it was worth it for the money saved. I rode the commuter train into the city, and was very grateful for it. The traffic in Atlanta is awful.

Kathi - what beautiful lighthouse photos! I can not hold a camera still, so none of my pictures are ever as sharp and in focus as yours. Thank you for sharing them with us.

I really must go to bed and get caught up on sleep. Getting up at 5a.m., to catch train at 6 a.m., for free breakkie at conference at 7 a.m. and classes that began at 8 a.m. ------ I'm a tired camper. ;o)

Hugs to everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home