Wednesday, August 18, 2010

checking in

Sarah - The Asheville show sounds wonderful. Maybe one day I'll get to go. I now have a friend who lives there after retiring. Isn't the Biltmore mansion wonderful? It is so pretty and a lovely setting.

I think today is the first day in over a month that the high temp has been under 90F. Instead, we are treated to (so far) three inches of rain, after an inch yesterday. Flash floods in nearby counties who got more rain than we did. Hope it ends tomorrow, as it is DH's birthday and he hoped to take the day off and play golf.

Sophie has had gastritis/gastroenteritis this week. We're not sure if it is from the garbage she eats off the street as we walk (ohhh, she's a sly one!) or from swallowing an almost whole rawhide chew that was NOT the usual stuff I buy and is getting tossed tomorrow. She barfed up part of the chew, so I think that may be the culprit. She usually doesn't barf.....it's usually back door trots that affect her (and me w/the cleaning up) from her delicate digestive tract.
Vet hopes there is no obstruction, but after some meds kicked in, she seems to be getting better.

Will someone please remind me why I wanted another dog??? (rhetoric question of course) Gah! This dog is like a one-year-old kid; she'll put anything in her mouth. Dogs . . . . .

JANE IN NC - speaking of dogs, how is your new one coming along? I hope she has bonded well to you and her new home.

I finally finished a quilt that was begun in an AQS-Nashville class..... five or six years ago. It was a mystery quilt when I signed up and paid the kit fee (sight unseen), but I am pleased with the pattern & fabrics. But for some reason, I could not get fired up to finish it, and have worked on it, here-and-there, over the past 6 years. Last week, I decided it was time to put the binding on and
get
it
finished.
My best guess regarding my lack of enthusiasm about finishing this quilt is because I did not choose the pattern, nor the fabrics, despite it being nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home