Thursday, August 19, 2010

QUILT SHOW & KIT

I will attend the quilt show my guild is hosting tomorrow as a spectator and will take lots of pictures. On Saturday I’ll be working there. I never finished a single quilt to enter this year but will surely be up and running for the NC Quilt Symposium we are sponsoring in 2012. Sondra Horn has entered a quilt and so has a friend of hers from Facebook. Have any other BBers entered? There are more than 300 quilts in the show so I want to be on the lookout for others from the board.

Kit’s progress is very slow but things are better. She’s very sweet and easy to love. She chased tennis balls in the yard today alongside two other dogs from the neighborhood. She wasn’t too pleased when they came into the house afterward and spent some time here. When there is someone here she gets within a few feet of them as long as they ignore her. I’m still the only one who can touch her and I do a lot of that.

We’re having a cold snap here. Temperatures haven’t quite made it above 90*F this week. It’s been very muggy along with the high 80s so it’s still not too much to my liking. The signs of the coming autumn are all over the place; golden rod, bull thistle, Joe Pye weed and Queen Anne’s lace. The buckeye trees always fall first. The leaves start turning an uninspiring brown shortly after the summer solstice and they are falling. There is a subtle thinning of the woods. We have been spared the terrible flooding being experienced once again in TN. Doris, I hope your feet are dry. Please keep us posted.

Jane

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home