Sunday, August 22, 2010

Aha, Jane, I failed physics in school but

I had exactly that same thought and ran the pan and lid under cold water...wouldn't budge. The lid was sucked on their tighter than a witch's tit. So out it went onto the side porch off the kitchen and when my guests came downstairs for breakfast, I told the first gentleman my sad tale of woe. He said: no problem, I'll have a go at it. He is 68. He couldn't move it. The next gentleman came downstairs, D. Boon by name, Daniel, that is...and said: I'll have a go at it. Couldn't budge it. But, he had an idea. Do you have a blunt hammer, he asked. So we searched through the garage and found one. Do you care about the pan, he asked. Nope, just the lid, said I. And so with great gusto and lots of noise, he hammered the frying pan out of shape and lo and behold, the lid popped a bit. We got a screw driver, wedged it into the side of the pan..and voila...out popped the lid. He took pliers, bent the lid back into shape and the sausages and pan are now sitting in my garbage bin. Hooray. I never liked that frying pan, anyway. They've all just left and Daniel Boon is my hero of the day. Very nice folks and why I'll regret ever giving up 'doing' the B&B.

Now the work...washing dishes, washing bedding and towels. And himself is likely at his destination and how will he get from his daughter's apt. to the bus stop when she has a cast on her right foot...hmmm.... I'm not as tight-a**ed as my friend at art college said I must be because I wore flannel nightgowns to bed...???....but I do find being organized with my life helps to sometimes, not always, avert potential problems...so, a cast on the driver's foot....I'll learn the answer to that one when himself arrives back home.

Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home