Saturday, September 11, 2010

Sept 11th

Goodmorning all.
Today is Sept. 11th, a time to remember the acts of terrorism that hit the USA nine years ago this morning. Unfortunately like lots of other things this has gotten to be a political ax to grind with so many. The Pastor of a church less than 50 people in Gainesville, Fla. (75 miles from here) and the fight over possible building of an Islamic worship center very close to where the twin towers stood. A case of what can be done with freedoms vs. what is moral and right.
As for me I am going to use my freedom to attend a quilt embelishment class this morning. I put 11 small US flags along my front yard last night, and have a big flag flying on a spot next to the driveway/garage area.
The dog training is going well. When a GF came over yesterday morning they did not jump up on her, bark alot (just enough to greet her and check her out). Pumpkin did not run out the door and run away. This is a great improvement!
Marion--we are so thankful that you and yours are OK. I've lived through a few low grade hurricanes, but nothing like having the earth under my feet shake.
There is college football today and NFL tomorrow--I may be a couch potato this afternoon and tomorrow afternoon. Now---if we could just have slightly cooler weather it would feel like fall.
Sara in Fla.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home