Tuesday, October 6, 2009

There is no more

Hi all,
Been awhile since I was here. Have not checked the posts yet but will later.

You know how we at one time or another received that poem,"There is no more".
Well it really hit home this morning while I was in the shower. I always read the poem and thought I understood the words. So much for that.
Tow weekends ago my DM passed away and even though she has not sort of been alert for the last 18 months, funny how you always sort of hope. You may not realize it as hope and maybe it isn't.
DM has not even been up to visiting in my home even for the last 12 years , but this morning it hit me "there is no more" Guess that as long as she was alive I maybe figured maybe some day, even though my head knew it was not possible, I guess the heart does not give up so easy.
She will never she how we fixed up the renovations or my quilting, as she was the first person to get me started. Even though she herself did not quilt, it was fun getting started with her.
Kind of tough.
gotta go now. have a great day all, just wanted you to know I am still around.
Grace in On

2 Comments:

At October 6, 2009 at 6:07 PM , Blogger Mary in Oregon said...

I'm so sorry, Grace. Losing your Mom is always so hard.
Sending you hugz,
Mary in Oregon

 
At October 7, 2009 at 4:41 AM , Blogger Lavinia said...

Oh Grace, I am so sorry for your loss. Hold onto the good memories. Hugs, Lavinia

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home