Sunday, October 4, 2009

Old houses, rainy days and a gorgeous quilt

Heather, I know how you feel. The house we bought here in the Soo is over 100 years old, and there have been a few surprises, although not as scary as yours. Luckily, some electrical work had been done before we bought it, and we had an electrical inspection done. It amazes me how many outlets in different parts of the house were put on one circuit.
Laura, the quilt you posted the other day is lovely. I especially like the border fabric. I'm plugging away very slowly at my UFO's and am looking forward to the day when I finish something!!
We are having rainy, rainy days with more to come. When I lived in Manitouwadge, I knew that whatever weather Thunder Bay had we would get in a day or so. Now TB's weather passes north of us most of the time, and I haven't figured out where ours comes from. I think living along Lake Superior and the St. Mary's River where it flows into Lake Huron affects our weather a lot. I do like the fact that up to yesterday, there were still flowers blooming in some spots. We've only had a couple of frosts - very different from up north, although not in Sara's league!
Today we are having the big celebration of DD#2's 33rd birthday which was on the 1st. I'm going to see what it's like trying to feed 16 people in this little house. It may be the first and last time. I'm doing a non-knife-and-fork meal so people can sit anywhere. There will be 3 babies under 5 months old, so I'm hoping they will charm everyone so much that they won't mind the limited space. Wish me luck.
It's great to see everyone posting. Keep it up! Hugs to all.
Brenda in Nn Ontario

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home