Saturday, October 3, 2009

Wonderful to see so many posts

It really makes my day when I sit down with my first coffee and I can read how you are all doing over there. Love the tales of the dofus, named Rufus. Sorry Jane I think you have a right one there. I just love the eyes, they really show his soul. I always get my groceries in cardboard boxes and give Gus one every couple of days. It takes him that long to tear the box into 50 cent pieces and all we have to do is to throw the bits away. For all he is a right idiot he has never chewed anything in the house, the cat has ruined more than Gus. She chews the edge of desks , tables, shoes, and walls.
Harry is so much better , still has to have his op but in himself he is improving, don't need any more scares like that. He used every machine in the hospital , so has been checked all over. we were so pleased to get him home I wasn't ready to be asked what were my thoughts on resusitation.
Our Cara is now 18 months and is so much fun. She is using a lot of words and can make herself understood very well. As soon as she arrives here she asks me for "cheese please" I have the plastic cheese for her as it is wrapped and she and the dog go outside and eat cheese together. She wanted a banana but decided she was too full so was sitting there trying to wrap the fruit in the skin and was patting it together.She is very good as right from the start her mother if she told her no she meant it so Cara doesn't bother to argue, not yet anyway.
I am still hand sewing the hexagon quilts only 2 more to go . This one is looking good , all flora and fauna of New Zealand on a black background. I am now quilting the hexagons and then can sew them together all 110 of them. Hopefully this Christmas??? Should have been last but I got sidetracked making dolls and clothes for our little one. Such lovely fabrics around and such fun to make the slightly way out things Joanne likes for her ladyship. I have made a pattern for a smocked top and pants but will check it out before I spend a lot of time making it. Jo isn't into frilly clothes and quite frankly Cara is such a tomboy she suits plainer clothes. She went to her first fancy dress last week as a flower, supposed to be a fairy but she didn't suit it. She looked lovely until we saw her wandering out of the house with a vodka bottle under one arm and a sausage stuck in her mouth, very ladylike. We dont drink and fortunately the vodka was empty .When I can work out how I will send you a photo and you will be able to see for yourselves. I can hear more rain coming so had better shut some windows. Hugs to all and take care. Bee in NZ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home