Thursday, October 1, 2009

Too soon to think about "S"

It's only Oct. 1st - too soon to think about "S" and all that it brings..... I have a couple of fun days ahead. Our guild has a retreat today and tomorrow at the Schoenstadt Retreat Center about 15 miles from here so as soon as I get my "you know what" in gear I will be going over there. I won't be staying over night this time because I have a Dear Jane class tonight, but do plan to spend the day both Th and Fri. Theresa - who is a lurker - always sets up the retreats for us and does a great job. The center is run by sisters in the Schoestadt order. We set up our machines in a gorgeous big room with a view of a lake, and when it is time to eat one of the sisters announces that the meal is ready. We shut off our machines, walk into the next room, eat, put our plates on a cart when done, and walk back to our machines. Same thing the next meal. Homemade bread, soups, wonderful homecooked meals...we all feel very pampered by the time we leave. Theresa usually lines up several of these retreats a year.

Last weekend was a quilt-filled few days as well. Firefly Quilt Shop in Mankato was part of a 12 shop, 5 state, 3 day, 2 night, 11 meal/snack shop hop. Both of my sisters (IA and MO) drove up and the three of us helped with the food for all three days. What a fun bunch of ladies - and a few gents - came thru the shop over the three days. Turkey supreme, banana bread and apple bars to die for seemed to be the hit for each meal. My DJ class is at that shop tonight so it will be fun to hear the comments about the other shops from the quilters that went out from the Mankato shop. Better get movin' so I can get to the fun.... Joleen in MN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home