Sunday, September 27, 2009

YOU GO GIRLS !

Wow what a dizzying pace on the chat board.

Rufus is driving me to drink. Or he would be if I had anything to drink that I like. I have some beer DXSIL (that's dear ex sil) left the last time he was here about three years ago and some bourbon left here by DGF the last time she was here about three years ago. He, Rufus that is, is so smart that he learns very quickly what offends me like getting on the sofa. If I'm not paying enough attention to him he gets on the sofa and just waits for me to wonder what he's up to and turning around there he is on the sofa looking at me. He's off before I can deliver a rebuke such as a shot from the water piston. When he has a whacko attack when we go to the yard he runs in wild circles around the yard and the house at very fast long legged pace. The yard is quite large. That's fine with me, he is built for strenuous exertion. Trouble is, he has to interrupt the run with a leap at me which sometimes draws blood and the other night knocked me on my keister (sp?). He was off like a flash before I could scold him. I think he's laughing at me. Other times he puts his beautiful head in my lap and looks up at me with those hound eyes and I end up caressing him, telling him I love him and kissing him. Go figure. I'm finding it to be something of a roller coaster.

I'm just about set up in the quilt studio with the Juki cleaned, and threaded to set to work on the wedding (anniversary) quilt, that is if Rufus will give me some quiet time. I have a whole lot of strip cutting to do. The Rowenta iron was all set up on the big board my friend made for me and yesterday I discovered that the cord had been chewed in several places and just about severed. The devil dog had struck again. It wasn't plugged in and in some respects I regret that. He would have gotten quite a jolt which might have discouraged him from doing anymore chord chewing. I must have been occupied with something else because I keep that door closed when I'm not in there.

After two weeks of serious rain the system passed. That's probably where Rosey's drizzle is coming from. It was glorious today and cooler than predicted. You Yankees will laugh at me but it will surely go down to 50 F tonight. The Joe Pye weed has died out as have the thistles and the golden rod is nearing that point. I see some asters when I walk. The trees have dumped a lot of dead looking brown leaves. The pretty ones, red maples, red oaks etc. will reach a peak in a couple of weeks. The humidity has been awful the past two weeks and I've closed up the house and put the AC on a couple of times just to dry the place out. I will set the heat to come on in the early AM tomorrow so it'll be comfortable when I get up.

Well, I'm getting the nods and the ruffians have quieted down so I'll shut this machine down and hit my downy couch with Shadow. Rufus is confined to the laundry room at night so he can't destroy anything under cover of darkness.

Jane

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home