Sunday, September 27, 2009

Still lurking after all these years

Okay, I'll bite: time for me to post instead of the occasional lurk. Quilting has had to take a backseat for me, too, lately. We lost our manager at our carpet store, so guess who has been filling in, to the tune of 45-51 hours per week?! Ugh. In a way, it's kind of cool to go back to our beginnings, as DH and I started the business 26 years ago this week, but at my age (51) this is a lot of hours to work! And of course I have to come home and do the housework as well as keeping up with our two youngest (13 and 15) who are still in school. Make mine cheddar to go with that whine...

On top of all this, we are remodeling the living room and the den, this as a result of an attempt at downsizing since two of our five kids have left the nest. Getting new living room furniture, getting rid of a lot of stuff, looking forward to having more space in this relatively small house.

I will say that I always have a quilt in the hoop for hand quilting, and the current one is a 30's quilt. I'm so brain fried that I can't think of the pattern--a square with the corners nipped off in different colors. For the life of me the name won't come to this tired brain. The hand quilting is getting near done, though, so I should have a very pretty lap quilt sometime soon. Then it will be time to choose something in fall or winter colors to quilt over the colder weather. Here in New England the leaves are looking really beautiful--reds, yellows, oranges mixed with some that are still green. It really is a lovely time of year, in spite of me hating to see summer end.

Glad to see the other posts. Hope more will join in.

Jean in VT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home