Sunday, September 27, 2009

Thanks, Jean...

I'll get the instructions some other time, tried to do it myself but as my friends know, I'm electronically and machine challenged.

I got to thinking afterwards, I really can make a quilt in a shorter period of time than one year, which is usually my commitment...one quilt and one new design a year. The last few years I was in a bit of a creative slump and my quilty friends were kind enough not to point this out to me, especially my Wednesday Morning Irregulars. Guess you could have said that I was creatively constipated. Then, in Jan. this year, I received an email from a quilter out in Alberta (western Canada) who asked if I was the designer of the quilt, Arctic Reflections, which appeared in Canadian Living Magazine in Jan.1987. I was. She wanted to know if there were any more patterns for sale...and that was all it took to lift me out of my terrible non-productive slump which I'd never experienced before. I tried to contact the artist who had drawn the bird, years ago and found eventually that he had died in 2006. So, his widow has received an initial copyright commission from me for allowing me to reuse her husband's bird image and as Jean has kindly noted in her posting, the Inuit widow will receive 15% on each $45 pattern sold (plus the mailing charges which nowadays is getting awfully expensive).

In any case, I've been lax as well in posting and have tried to do so more lately. The B&B keeps me pretty busy over the summer months and I don't seem to get around to some of the things I mean to do.

There will be a special halo waiting for Jean in cat heaven for all the work she does and a special award for Rodge in sharing his guest bathroom with a collection of feral cats and kittens. Now we just have to get Celia back in here. Create a new password, Celia and let everyone know about that absolutely gorgeous grandson of yours.

Jean, Celia, Kathi from Idaho and Jane from NC all came to visit us a year ago now on their way home from Grace's Retreat.

Brenda, this is a good place to come, isn't it. I sometimes get up in the middle of the night and turn on my computer. It's like visiting with friends and getting caught up on their lives.

So now that we have infused the Chat Board with a few extra postings, let's keep it up.

I'm getting over a cold at the moment and it's turned into the usual sinus infection...drat it. I'm netti-potting my sinuses and trying to avoid anti-biotics if I can. Elaine, who used to post here, sent me a notice on how to help avoid the Swine Flu...although that is politically incorrect for pigs nowadays but I can't remember all the H1N1 numbers, is this correct? I drive with a bottle of hand sanitizer in my car and everytime I get back in from being somewhere, I sanitize my hands and Elaine's notice suggested netti-potting our noses ...so, Elaine, if you happen to tune in from South Carolina where you now live, thanks.

Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home