Sunday, September 20, 2009

ahhhh....now I understand...

Jane, you were lost as soon as you made eye contact !!
Rufus looks very much like a stretched out version of Holly... (a Beagle) and the eyes certainly do have it !! I'm unfamiliar with the Walker Hound so it was lovely to see the photos. We have about three acres here and we have an electric tape about ten inches above the ground , all around the boundary, it's the only way we can keep her on the property. The fence is rarely switched on, but she must have had a "nip' from tape in the early days, as she has never gone through the fence. Our neighbour has a Beagle too and she comes for "play days' occasionally . The fence was not switched on when she came once and she disappeared for 11hours .... I was very pleased to see her when she returned but she did smell something awful ! There are dairy farms around here and I think she had been splashing in the effluent !...... Rosey, so sorry to hear that Karen's dog was run over. Sadly, that's such a common tale .

Another chilly start to the day, but no frost this morning I'm please to say. The window-cleaner is here and I am feeling very spoilt. It's SO nice not to have to do the windows myself..it was never a job that I enjoyed or did well. The house will fair sparkle by the end of the morning !

Enjoy the day.
Marion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home