Saturday, September 19, 2009

stuff

Two weeks of rain right at harvest time is never good. I hope the farmers aren't wiped out again this year!
We're busy this weekend at Con-stellation, a local sci-fi convention. We have two tables in the merchant area, at which we normally do fairly well. This year, we've sold about a quarter of what we sold last year. I've talked to several of the fans who are there; many of them had pre-paid for the convention, and food is available in the "con suite." They scraped up money for gas and came to the show, but they're not spending any money.
The Huntsville Guild is doing their show this weekend, too. I couldn't do the white glove hostess this year because of the conflict between the business (Science Fiction Collectibles) and the quilt show. I did leave DH setting up by himself yesterday, long enough to go see the show and drop a few dollars with the merchants there. I hope they're having a better show than we are.
Doris, the BOG outfit was gorgeous in the pictures you sent, and it looks even better on. Congratulations.
As an allergy sufferer, I deal with the hayfever symptoms year round. I'm allergic to mold, pollen, dust mites, etc. No one has bothered to test me for food allergies recently. I did find out that the "acid reflux" was actually chronic gastritis (no other symptoms.) Nexium makes me sick as a dog; so the doctor has me on Zantac (generic). That seems to be helping, but he doesn't want me taking aspirin for the minor to moderate aches and pains that accompany aging. Does anyone know of an OTC painkiller that doesn't tear up your stomach, but will help with pains in the joints? Tylenol lets me sleep, but research indicates I shouldn't be mixing that with alcohol, and I like an occasional glass of wine.
Well, I've written a book here, so I'll let you go. Prayers and hugs for all in need.
Laura

1 Comments:

At September 20, 2009 at 9:01 AM , Blogger Jane in NC said...

Aspirin and ibuprofen bother my stomach and Celebrex gave me hives after years of using that successfully. I'd heard some TV doc say naproxen has a good track record regarding side effects. I've been doing that mostly twice a day without a problem. It is an anti inflammatory so it might yet catch up with me. I've found acetaminaphin almost useless for joint pain and it's too risky for my money.

Jane in NC

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home