Sunday, September 13, 2009

BEE

This intruder in my life has a great affinity for the living room sofa. I'm not a fan of animals on the furniture. I must have shooed him off that sofa at least a dozen times today. Right now Shadow has gone to bed, tired of his foolishness, I'm staring at a messy kitchen but I'd like to go to bed too and Bubba is rambling around the house, restless and looking for some fun. He's rolling one of Shadow's tennis balls and then chasing it. OOPs there he goes into a recliner. He's just bored to tears and I think getting scolded is better than no attention at all. I'll be gone all day tomorrow at the guild meeting in the morning and an appointment in Asheville (an 1.5 hour drive each way) to be fitted for a more supportive orthotic on the foot that had the tendon repair last November. He has mastered the small dog door so the only way to keep him out is to lock Shadow in. He's just very young and silly. What a sweetheart even though he stinks.

He and Shadow do quite well together outdoors. We took a nice hike this morning and even though he followed his nose way out of sight he kept returning to check in with me. I'm afraid he is my dog. I'll try to get him to the vet this week for a check up and just a bit of surgery. Shhh, don't tell him that I'm going to rid him of his cajones but that's an absolute requirement. Neither Shadow nor Molly ever experienced a estrous and he's not going to experience any romance either. Maybe he won't be so fond of me after that. Any way, he's spending the night in the house because I'm a softie and I don't have a dog house where he can be dry. I couldn't bring myself to make him stay outside once winter gets here anyway. I've relegated an old bedspread to be his bed. It was outside last night and it had obviously been used. Trouble was it was quite damp this AM due to due.

I'm hoping with all the other stuff going on that I can hit that wedding quilt this week. I've been saying that for months now. The new baby does demand a lot of attention.

Jane

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home