Wednesday, September 9, 2009

strength of character

I'm amazed at myself; a friend asked me to go looking for a particular kind of fabric at the quilt shop here. I wasn't able to find what she wanted, but I looked hard and saw all kinds of yummy fabric on sale. I have promised myself no new fabric until I've finished at least one of my several UFO's. I even stopped at Fabricland where there were more sales. I didn't buy anything. Whew. I have to get over the hoarding mentality that comes from having lived far from fabric stores for so long.
My friend is getting ready for our old quilting gang to gather in Sudbury on Friday to make her husband's 60th birthday quilt. Not everyone will be able to come, but it should be fun. I've been missing the company of women my own age since I moved here, so I'm looking forward to it.
We are having our summer weather now. It's hot and humid, although the nights are blessedly cool. Too bad the kids are back in school already.
MAYME, I am living just across the river from Sault Ste. Marie, MI. Right now I haven't gotten around to getting my passport, but it will eventually happen. Then, who knows?
Hugs to all
Brenda in Nn Ontario

1 Comments:

At September 10, 2009 at 5:10 AM , Blogger Marge said...

Gosh Brends, I lived in Sault Ste. Marie many moons ago when my DH was in the Army. Would love to go back and visit someday. I worked at the hospital up there. Marge

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home