Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Tuesday afternoon

Need I say: In the Country.

Jane, the wedding sounds wonderful and knowing that your daughter is marrying into a cheerful, fun family must make you feel good. Enjoy your new refrigerator. What are we saving our money for in our older age? With the dip last fall in the market, I have could bought two cars by now in what I lost. It's a lesson in enjoying your money now. Your kids sound as though they are well established so that takes some of the concern away from spending it on yourself.

Doris, I am GREATLY relieved to hear you say it took nearly a year to get your digestive system back into healthy shape. It's been that for me and maybe restricting wheat will help elminiate some of the added fluffies I've acquired over the past year. Of course, in a pinch, as today's lunch was late, I reached for a Pita Break, which is wheat...filled it with almond butter and organic honey...all of which will be rattling its way down my digestive tube complaining about what I put in my mouth. Good food but not a good combination for me at times.

Marion, I have a B&B guest and her husband, at the moment, from Jane's state who is in stage 4 cancer. She's tried the allopathic treatment, then flew to Germany for three months for alternative treatment and is now here for a month taking a last-ditch alternative treatment from an MD/ND. She and her husband have rented a home in the area for three weeks but needed an additional week, which they've taken here. The doctor visits her here. My living room has been turned into a hospital room, with a cot, an intravenus bag, at times, is suspended from my chandelier, although she does sleep upstairs, at night. It's quite a dose of reality, which I'm sure you are still reeling from emotionally with your sister, Brenda's illness with cancer. I think that it must take quite a long time to deal with the impact of what you've been through and what I am seeing for only just one week. As well, Marion Mac, who used to be part of this board a long time ago and was such a good friend for you.

Meanwhile, Mary is here cleaning house today, the doctor has been to see his patient, the patient is upstairs in bed, her husband doing chores and likely feeling relieved to get outside in the car, the dogs are in the dog run, my other two guests are out hiking the Bruce Trail and life goes on...confusing here at times but neverboring at least from May to November with the B&B.
I think of this house, which has sheltered many guests, as having big arms that are put around people and the peace of the countryside seeps into refresh their souls. It is a house that lives and breathes, has its ups and downs just like us, yet still feels good to be in. It is a living house. For this I am grateful.

RoseyP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home