Sunday, September 13, 2009

A dietary hint

I have just had a young woman at my B&B overnight who is married to an Australian and who lived there for a year and plans to return to Australia in a year or so to live permanently. She is gluten-free. Fortunately, I have had a gluten-free pancake mix in my kitchen pantry and I suggested that she might want to come in and mix them herself...(it was a full-house booking for relatives of a close friend and I was stretched getting the others breakfasts on the table ) So she mixed the pancake mix up (El Peto brand) and I had some too as it's been recommended that I avoid wheat. I'm in the process of changing over my diet at the moment. Gluten proved not to be a problem but it's something that I may avoid while eating at home. In any case, I completely dislike maple syrup on my pancakes, something that Canadians traditionally use (Americans I've noticed here ask for ketchup for their pancakes but it may just be individual tastes) This young woman said that Australia was way ahead of Canada in providing foods without gluten and she said, over there, she found that putting fresh lemon juice on top of pancakes tasted very good. I tried it...I am now a total fan of fresh lemon juice on top of pancakes...YUM.

Just thought I'd pass it along and if anyone has any other tips for eating wheat/gluten free with low sugar impact as I don't have a sweet tooth...tips are good...I can look anything up on the computer and plan to (so I don't need suggestions of websites) but it's those little tips that you don't read about when looking for information on things on the internet that are such gems.

RoseyP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home