Saturday, September 19, 2009

Rain!

We've been inundated with rain since Wednesday. Ugh. Laura in AL, I'm sure you've been getting the same stuff. We have over four inches just Wed. to Friday, more right now, etc. and the Tennessee State Fair has been ruined by this weather.

JANE IN NC - Well, sounds like you're owned by a new dog. LOL I hope he's housebroken...... If nothing else, that pup will keep you young and moving. That's what I found out with our Sophie, after losing a decrepit 16 y/o dog with dementia. WHAT was I thinking? Ah, but Sophie has been the best thing for me! I'm definitely getting more exercise and pondering the possibility of getting a 2nd dog to keep her company. (Ack)

Sophie's allergies are currently under control thanks to the wonders of pharmaceuticals. (ugh) I'm weaning her off them and using Benadryl now and hope that helps. I've also put her on a different raw food diet, one with less ingredients, in case there was a food allergy that precipitated the grass allergy.

ROSEY P - The daughter of a friend of mine went 100% off gluten, after several of her co-workers did. She felt sooo much better *and* lost weight. When she cheats, her digestive tract lets her know about it, too! Then my friend (her mom) decided to go gluten-free to see what happened. She said she feels less bloated.

I'm not giving up gluten yet. I've had to give up waaay too many vices in my old age. Recently, I've had to cut back my chocolate intake now that the many-paws has caused acne when I pig out on chocolate. This never happened before, in my life. Ggrrrr......

While in Ireland in 2002, we met a young woman who said there was a lot of research that showed a link between autism and gluten, though I don't think there are any medical studies that support it. However, many autistic children have been helped when put on a gluten-free diet.

The MOG (mother-of-groom) suit I made for our son's wedding last year won a blue ribbon at our local county fair, and won a blue at the state fair last week. Wow!
I don't know if the picture below will post here . . . Hugs to everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home