Saturday, September 19, 2009

The flies are taking up residence !

Geesh, I do not like this aspect of cooler weather coming on...the flies are all coming indoors. They buzz around the lights at night and on the ceilings, half stupid, not enough dead to stop their infernal buzzing. Mice will also be making their appearance shortly. The realities of country living.

The yellow golden rod and the tiny purple asters are dotting the fields and roadsides and the blue chickory, my favorite wildflower, is still in bloom along the sides of the road as well. The nights are definitely getting cooler here and we had our first frost of the season last night. The hummingbirds have left. This is very sad for me. They are such beauties darting in and out of the flower beds and at our feeder outside the kitchen window. I mark the date when they come and mourn the days when they leave for I never know when they've gone until I miss them at my feeder. We've had such a wet summer here that the past few weeks of sunshine, now colder nights, almost feels like we are being shortchanged on our summer as these weeks have been it.

Jane, the pictures of Walker Hounds on the internet show a very handsome hunting dog and thankfully, you rescued the young dog and not some hunter, who, as you say, might have run the dog even in the poor condition it is. I hope that you can keep him, keep him safe and well. It sounds as though Shadow may have a second wind with the young pup around. You too.

Doris, you are absolutely gorgeous...not only in that magnificent colour on you but in the stylish suit that you made. It well deserves a prize at the fall fair.

Interesting about the bloats. I am beginning to wonder if God just got tired by the time he got to the digestive system of humans because it's either feast or famine...too much, too little, bunged up, fast release...I can't see where the bloats have diminished a whole lot here even without wheat or gluten. I need to loose 5 lbs before I can see any progress.

Last night I attended the Spirit of Volunteerism award supper in Toronto where a number of volunteers were honoured for their work in volunteering for the Distress Centres of Ontario, me, among them. I tried on two outfits, a skirt which in the past, fit beautifully and now I can hardly get it done up at the waist and a dress that fell gracefully over my hips and now gets stuck on them. In desperation, I reached for my trusty woolen slacks with the drawstring...whew...I could breathe again. My jacket covered the rest of the fluffiness. Until I had a hysterical-ectomy I could not put weight on for love nor money. A week later I had the beginnings of looking like a spayed dog.

Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home