Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sunday a.m.

JANE IN NC - Rufus looks a lot like Smokey, the mascot for Univ. of Tenn. LOL After seeing what he did to your magazines, I think he needs a crate and baby gates. Perhaps he's never been inside a house and doesn't know how to act. You definitely have your hands full. Our Sophie has a very strong prey drive, so I will never dare let her off-leash.

LAURA IN AL - I can't think of any anti-inflammatory that doesn't bother the stomach. As for myself, staying away from simple carbs (esp. sugar & white flour) makes the biggest difference with my arthritis, aches & pains. (NOT what you wanted to hear, I'll bet -LOL) My Gastro guy put me on a double-dose of Nexium last spring, and the side effects had me thinking I had the flu or a sinus infection. It was the Nexium! I now take Protonix, which is apparently just as effective as Nexium and much cheaper. In the long run, none of those Rx's help me and I just have to watch what I eat.

Spending some time on Google helped me with what irritates and what doesn't. A more alkaline diet -- less protein & acidic foods & beverages and more veggies & root veggies --- really help me with my stomach. I'll have to "Google" gastritis - maybe that's what I have, too. Odd thing is that fish oil (omega 3s) and even smoked salmon bother my stomach. Go figure. I'm now trying an enteric-coated fish oil and so far, so good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home