Sunday, September 27, 2009

OK, Rosey!

Alright, already!

You have guilted me into posting, Rosey! You are right -- if we don't post, soon there will be no one left here. And I do like to come and read to see what everyone is doing.

Mostly what I have been doing is feral cat rescue work. I have had a houseful of kittens since last March (with a small break for the trip to Paducah in April) and there are still 25 of the little gits here. It has been a long season! Fortunately we have recruited several really good foster homes for kittens, so I have at least had some other places to put kittens this year -- the ones I have had have been the sick ones and the ones that need to be bottle fed.

I have been trying to bring our organization into the 21st century. We now have a new web site that I am rather proud of -- check it out at www.cowichancatrescue.org -- and e-mailed newsletters and some new fund raising volunteers. I got a grant that gives us an advertising budget and I signed us up with Petfinders and with Adopt-a-Pet and posted some of our special needs kitties. I am hoping that all this effort will result in more money coming in so we can keep our spay/neuter program growing.

Needless to say, quilting has been taking a back seat on this bus, after the cats, after the gardens, after the cut flower sales, after the administration of the trusts from the old lady's estate (remember her? the lady and the bikers?) and so on and so on. But my Tuesday morning sewing group is sacred and *nothing* gets to interfere with that. I go every Tuesday and pick away at the hand made appliqued chicken quilt, which has finally made it into a hoop for hand quilting. It is about the only sewing I get to do these days.

I did recently have a lot of fun with a real quilter, though. I had Carol Seeley (Google her -- a Canadian quilt artist and the best teacher I have come across) come to stay with me for a few days to dye wool for her felted art. She needed variegated colours and that just happens to be a hobby of mine. It was a lot of fun and the results were gorgeous! If I had a little more free time I would set this up as a little home business...

And now that I have babbled on, can I ask a few more of my fellow lurkers to check in? I see so many familiar names on the membership list, but I never see posts from them. :(

Jean (still at sunny Mill Bay)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home