Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sunday night in Fla.

Good to see all the posts! keep it up-
I posted on the other board, but will ask here also. Does anyone know the name of the new quilt book by Nancy Smith and Lynn Mulligan? Something with the name fusible in the title.
Quick quilting-- my 2 cents worth. It depents on the "why" of the quilt. I want to make lots of quilts for the QOV project, mostly red, white and blue, therefore quick is good. If I can do 6 quilts to give away, instead of 3 in the same time I feel that I'm blessing more people.
On the other hand, if I'm lovin' some fabric for a grand kid or so, than yes I'd like to savor the moment.
Trying to agree with DH on new flooring for the guest room. We have agreeded to turn this into an exercise room, with maybe a murphy bed or day bed for company. I like the stranded bamboo that I saw, he wants something "glossy". Urrrrr. . . men, can't shoot 'em.
I decided to be generous and give the antique bedroom furniture to my niece. She and her DH have 4 little girls. The bed, dresser, night stand, are walnut, and were all my grandmother's mother's. Eastlake Victorian. Want to keep it in the family. Was going to hold on to it for DD, but they are going away to the "north" land and not taking a lick of furniture with them. Not even beds or a kitchen table.
SIL's family had a combo birthday/going away dinner for them last night. I drank 1 glass of wine too many, oh, my head. One glass in good, 2 not so much. DH & I gave DD and SIL a card with gift cards to Crackerbarrel inside. At least they can have some meals on the road. I'm coming to grips with the reality that they are really leaving town.
OK, Monday night football is on.
More later.
Sara in Fla.

1 Comments:

At September 27, 2009 at 9:21 PM , Blogger Jane in NC said...

Sara, just get on amazon.com and search books by author. The book you are looking for ought to be there along with their other books.

Jane

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home