Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Moms and grandmoms, etc.

Goodmorning- I've been having trouble getting in also, but figured it would be a couple of days and would come around again. Thanks Eric!
My Mom never sewed anything! She would even have me sew on a button if it fell off her coat.
My Dad's mother lived with us from the time I was 8 until she died, I think I was 12 or 13. She sewed, mostly out of need, repairing things as her husband was a minister during the depression and she raised 4 sons. She probably didn't mean to teach me, but I hung out with her and she did. Since I am left handed a lot of things were self taught.
As for growing up advice- keep your elbows off the table was the main one. One of my first memories was being sent to the kitchen to sit cross leged on the floor and opening the oven door as a table, because she couldn't stand whatever bad table manners I was using. If I couldn't keep my arm/hand off the table I was to sit on my hand. On the once or twice a year that we go someplace fancy I find myself sitting on my right hand.
Mom is 91 now, I think I posted about her a week or so ago. The driving up and down I-95 had done a number on my hips and back, am going to call the chiropracter to see if I can get in today or tomorrow. Haven't seen him in over 3 months, it's past time.
We need rain! It was supposed to rain all day yesterday and got nothing. Please send some this way from the Carolinas.
Sara in Fla.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home