Friday, October 10, 2008

Pictures?

Hi Everyone,
Did you all take any pictures at the retreat?
We'd all love to see some.
I was sooooo jealous, sure hope I can attend the next one.

I was lucky enough to have lunch with Mayme & Diana (& their friends) at the
Quilt show in Grand Rapids Mi. Pat from Flint had planned to come too, but was
sick. How are you Pat? It brought back fond memories of the Mi retreat!
I was in Mi to visit my family & timed it so I could attend the show.
My Dad is in a nursing home so it was wonderful to be able to attend something fun!

It was a great quilt show. There were some astonishing quilts on display & wonderful vendors.
I'm on a fabric diet but a few patterns hopped in my luggage.

Last nite at our guild meeting we were lucky to have Colleen Wise speak & share her quilts.
She has written a book on Shadow quilting, they have an intriguing 3-D effect.
She does many other interesting designs as well & she has a great sense of humor & superb
delivery. We sure get to enjoy some excellent speakers through our guild.

Fall is definitely here, days are getting shorter & much cooooooler! But the good thing about getting old is that summer will be here before we know it! Time just flies!
I'll miss the warm sunshine but hopefully I'll have more time to quilt.
Hoping I will have at least a dry weekend to get some yard clean up done though.

Have a good weekend all, Jill

1 Comments:

At October 11, 2008 at 9:42 AM , Blogger Kathi in Idaho said...

I posted some on the Yahoo site. Much easier to download there. I didn't add any names to the photos, since there appears to be someone who has joined the group who isn't one of us.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home