Sunday, October 5, 2008

Sunday morning in the country

Seems to be my standard title for want of a better subject heading.

Laura, I'm sorry to hear of your sister's cancer. How many of us, but for the grace of god and our immune systems going out of whack, would suffer the same fate. It must be painful for you to see her facing this ordeal again.

Bee, Marion, good to see DUGs logging in and I'm also sorry, Marion, to hear that your friend is not doing well with her bout with cancer. Bee, whatever medication is rejuvenating you, maybe we should all be on it.

I've had a very busy September, between full week-ends of B&B guests, volunteering at the horse trials which took up five or six energy-packed days, then the following day, guests from Grace's retreat arrived for a few days.

Which leads me to this...it's been a great bonus in my life to have met such wonderful people over the Chat board and the internet but it also leaves one open to the occasional meeting of a few who can cause stress and I suppose like the broad section of our social lives anywhere, the variety is not a chosen choice. One chooses who one wishes to be with meeting people personally; over the internet, the choice is not always there. I have been greatly gifted with many of the internet connections I've made...Jean, Celia, Doris W., MaggieMM, Heather S., Kathi, and many others from my retreat here years ago whom I may overlook mentioning...I thank you all for the input of friendship, however brief, in my life on the internet...Celia from NB, most of all for her gift of laughter which she's left me with in smiles these past few days; Jean, whose mighty skill and pithy humour in driving brought them through the most wonderful colours in Algonquin Park, Kathi, whose quiet politeness and soft-spoken humour helped us all enjoy ourselves here last week. Tired as I was, it was my pleasure to spend time with you folks.

And now to get myself back in the kitchen to cook breakfast for four guests at what time, we did not determine last night...unusual for me not to ask so it will be a surprise for us all. And I'm back to baking dog bisquits again for my groomer who wants to order her Christmas gift dog bisquits and the money will go to Aussie Rescue (ARPH).

I taught another introduction to colour workshop yesterday all day and it went very well...a different concept for quilters...they made nothing in the workshop but were required to work with their eyes and minds.

The sun is shining so brightly at the moment, breaking through the overcast morning sky at 7:52 a.m. and I'm back to my post in the kitchen.

Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home