Thursday, September 25, 2008

Ireland, gasoline, etc.

Today was the first day I've had my windows open in years. What a beautiful, fall day. The first cool air since at least last April.
There is plenty of gasoline in Jacksonville, Fla. Come on down.
Ireland was beautiful, what I could see when it wasn't raining. I guess that's why it is so green.
Our favorite places were Galway Bay, pretty even in the overcast skys, and Ross castle and Muckross House (close by each other)
By the time we were finished going through Muckross House it was about 4:30 PM and the wind and rain had picked up. Didn't make it to the tradional Irish farm, which was on the property.
In Galway we stayed at Rick Steve's favorite B & B and took lots of pictures. The "Trad on the Prom" Irish music and river dance type dancing was a highlight of the entire trip.
The rich butter and scones weren't bad either! Their beef is wonderful. Loved the Guiness beef stew.
My DH liked the Guiness, but I hate beer, so I drank a lot of tea.
Everyone was nice to us, they like Americans, and other tourists there.
Loved Aerlingus, the Irish airline. Such service!
All of you going to the WWQP retreat have a great time. Next year I'll put it on the calendar at least 12 months in advance, so can't compete with anything else.
I've decided to give myself a 60th "Tea Party" birthday party next month.
Some of our red hat sisters and I got together for lunch yesterday, and we all thought we needed more fun in our lives. Maybe I can get the girls to dress up in hats and gloves (?) - I doubt it.
OK, going to have some chicken and brown rice for dinner tonight.
Maybe some green beans, I missed green beans for some reason.
Sara in Fla.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home