Thursday, September 25, 2008

gasoline problems

Welp, I almost wrote "gas problems" in the subject title, but changed it for fear y'all would think I've been eating beans. Ack.

Some local governmental muckety-muck wrote a fast bill or something saying we could use the normal blend of gas that does not burn as clean but could be delivered to us much faster, more gasoline is arriving, and things are getting back to normal. While walking this morning, we were almost mowed over by all the high school students driving to school. Apparently they've been taking the bus for the past week, with the gas crisis, and it was nice. Now we're back to dodging the speedway cars, a/k/a high school students driving to school, in the subdivision.

I'm really on the home stretch with my dress.... zipper is in as of yesterday at Sit & Sew. I have some finishing work to do at the neckline/facing/zipper top area, then side seams to sew on wool and lining, and then the hem.... and then I'm done. The quilt I'm making for the kids' wedding gift is sitting patiently while I finish the dress, knowing it will be the very next thing I work on. :-)

JANE IN NC - If you're reading, how is the gasoline situation in your area? I've been reading horrendous reports about Asheville's problem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home