Sunday, September 21, 2008

Race for the Cure & the Retreat


I want to wish all the retreaters good travels & tell you how jealous I am!Wish I could be there. Maybe the next one????I had the greatest time at the Michigan retreat a couple years back.We share such a unique & special bond.We are very lucky, us quilters.
Today was our Race for the Cure . It's a pretty special day for my dearest friend Debbie & I. So thankful that we can still share times like this together. I'm 5 years out.......time sure flies. I am so lucky to be cancer free & so lucky to have a best friend like Debbie that I can share the moment with, lots of hugs & tears today!!
Another happy event. We placed a special doggie in a new home yesterday. She belonged to an elderly lady with good intentions. But, unfortunately Daisy has grown up secluded in a bedroom for her 1st 8 mos of life. She was covered with fleas, unhousebroken, & weighs about 3 times what she should. We think she may have been living on "Meals on Wheels"! Her new owners live on 3 acres, all fenced, are retired & have hearts of gold! I can't tell you how elated I am about this. Oh, the 1st owner is going to assisted living & gets to take one dog with her.
Jill (on the left :) )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home