Tuesday, September 16, 2008

MARION

That letter is priceless. And, yes, my heart goes out to him. How lonely he must feel. Send him some cookies or something. He'll never notice that they are stale having been in transit from so far away.

I used to get thank you notes after Christmas when my DGSs were that age. Typically they went:

Dear Granny,

Thank you for the 1-2-3

Your grandson,
Peter Talpey (or Gregory which ever the case was.)

They seemed to feel the need to tell me their last names and their relationship to me in case I didn't know. Always made me smile.

Granny Jane

1 Comments:

At September 17, 2008 at 1:03 AM , Blogger Marion in NZ. said...

Yes, these grandsons are treasures aren't they ? Charlie added his surname too but didn't feel the need to remind me of our relationship ! I have written to him today so he should get that in a few days time. It must be strange for them all to be at school in Scotland with Mum and Dad and younger brother in Hong Kong. Fortunately it's a very small school and mixed, so all three of them are there. Sam 12, Lucy 11 and Charlie 9.

I hope your recovery is on track. I'm sure you still have frustrations but sometimes you have to look back to appreciate the progress you've made. Enjoy the retreat.

Marion.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home