Sunday, September 14, 2008

Ronna

Dear Ronna,

I'm so sorry to hear about your sister's illness. My daughter is rehab director at City of Hope in LA where almost all their patients are referred and mostly cancer patients. She's an occupational therapist and has worked and researched extensively on the problem of lymphedema in post mastectomy patients. She happens also to be very generously endowed. She told me she'd not ever settle for a mere lumpectomy and wouldn't mess around with reconstruction. She's seen too many complications from that approach. If your parents underwent their chemo a decade or more ago I think your sister will find that it is a much more humane process. It has far fewer side effects than in years past. It's certainly not pleasant but it's better than the grave.

I'm so glad you're not gone from the chat. I was afraid you'd fallen off the edge of the earth on one of your many out of country adventures. Welcome back.

Jane in NC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home