Monday, September 15, 2008

Ronna

Despite what Jane says, I've been the mastectomy/reconstruction/chem/radiation route with no adverse effects. I'm of the opinion that every patient needs to make her (or his, as some of us are men) decisions based on what is best for them both physically and mentally. I know that TerTer opted not to do reconstruction, but in my case it was something that I had to do.

I almost felt guilty about sailing through chemo and radiation the way I did (and those were on my second go-round) and have had absolutely no problems related to lymphedema. The new chemotherapies are a whole lot different than they were ten years ago, and even in breast cancer there are a variety of treatment courses.

If you or your sis want to contact me, I'd be happy to talk.

Kathi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home