Thursday, September 25, 2008

gas and costume option

Here in Huntsville, we have not had the problems Doris is describing, thank God. We've had stations raising the prices to exorbitant levels, but they have plenty of gas now. The stations charging reasonable prices, on the other hand, run out very fast. We're a much smaller city at about 180,000 in the city proper and 500,000 in the immediate region. I've been hearing about Nashville on the local news, though.
We're doing Homecoming at school this week (American football), and have a dressup theme everyday this week as a show of spirit. Yesterday was "super hero, super villain day." I took a green T shirt, cut some question marks out of black felt, and glued them on with quilter's basting spray to be the Riddler from the 60's batman series. I wasn't crazy enough to put green tights on this 5o'ish body, so I just wore black pants! The question marks adhered all day, except for one dot. I peeled the rest of them off easily when I got home. I haven't washed the shirt yet, but it looks like everything "should" wash off. I see poodle skirts, etc for future use.
Laura in Alabama

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home